Terms & Conditions of Takushi’s Geopolitical Update Newsletter
To allow interested readers, journalists, engineers and business owners among other professionals (also) in emerging markets to afford an independent and non-ideological geopolitical newsletter, we use a low-price fee. To afford this low fee, we are keeping our subscription process simple & straightforward, albeit safeguarding data protection.
For whom our newsletter is useful, for whom it is not
This newsletter is intended for private persons and decision makers (business owners) that want a distinct nonconsensual perspective on the changing geopolitical and macroeconomic realities of our time.
Our geopolitical updates contain no market research and no investment recommendations. In a highly interconnected world, geopolitical and policy research will from time to time invariably touch on the economy and financial markets. Still none of our analysis should be understood or construed as investment advice. If you are a qualified investor, our research can be found on RSRCHX.com, a MIFID II-compliant research platform.
Our geopolitical analysis is highly strategic & rather long term oriented, thus 12 months is a reasonable minimum period for a user-friendly low subscription price newsletter. Those seeking a newsletter for short term news should not subscribe to this newsletter.
1) Although Macro Economist Christian Takushi has been writing reports for over 28 years and successfully pointed to the BREXIT & Trump surprises as well as the liberal shift in France and Germany in 2017 (all non-consensus forecasts), there is no guarantee our analysis can keep this high accuracy throughout the future.
Limitations: Although we endeavour to provide an independent & non-ideological geopolitical analysis using proprietary methods and we take into account Western and Oriental ways of thinking, no analytical approach at aggregate levels is without limitations. Geopolitical outcomes are highly dependent on both the political process and the global macro landscape.
2) We take personal data seriously and are highly supportive of the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). We maximise the safety and privacy of your data by the following measures we have taken:
- We are committed to remain an independent source of non-consensual geopolitical analysis
- We don’t sell your personal data nor do we share it with any other party for commercial gain
- We included data protection in the earliest design of our newsletter service and we engaged an external professional cyber security company
- We collect the absolutely minimum of personal data as required by Swiss Authorities. By requesting only your name, address and email address, and committing to never sell your data to anyone, we greatly contribute to personal data protection
- We remain committed to our core competence, geopolitical research. This is a highly specific market niche that allows us to keep things small & clear. This focus greatly enhances security at all levels
- We also endeavour to use a competent and GDPR-committed newsletter software. We use a trusted name in the marketplace, Tribulant. By subscribing to our newsletters and using our research you agree with the data protection policies of the current newsletter software firm (or another firm we might choose in the future) and their handling of your data
- At any time our readers can unsubscribe and request their data deleted. They can also write to email@example.com
We believe it is important that we focus on what we are best at, and that we rely on a professional best-practice company for the automatic data handling.
3) At the end of the subscription period, and provided you didn’t cancel it, the subscription will renew automatically for another year. We are not a marketing company nor do we play with different prices and subscription modalities to entice readers and grow our business. As a result, we cannot offer rebates and refunds on such a low basic price. You may cancel your subscription at any time. Moreover, geopolitical analysis is highly strategic & long term, thus a 12 months subscription is a reasonable minimum period for a highly user-friendly low subscription price. Those seeking a newsletter for short term news and tactical purposes should not subscribe to this rather strategic newsletter.
4) There is no fixed frequency for writing strategic newsletters – we rather focus on responsiveness. Takushi has applied this for years and readers have appreciated this sensical approach: analysis, fact gathering and writing is on going, but posts are released only when our analysis deviates from consensus. There is sadly enough noise and repetitive analysis out there – in the realm of geopolitics there are periods of extreme noise and disinformation.
Thus, the frequency of our newsletters depends on our independent analysis of geopolitical events, aggregate data and the global macro landscape only. If our geopolitical assessment changes rapidly, we may write more often. If it doesn’t, we won’t release a post. An example for our responsiveness: during Spring-Summer 2017 Takushi released one post per month in average, but he released 4 posts in the first 3 weeks of Autumn 2017 alone.
In general we shall issue a new update if the following criteria are met
- Our geopolitical assessment on an important development changes
- We ascertain that consensus is misjudging an important development
- We think we can add value to what consensus is providing
5) Governing Law
These terms are governed by Swiss law as applicable in the State of Zurich
6) The contents, risk models, aggregation methods and any corporate design are copyright of Geopolitical Economics Ltd or Christian Takushi MA UZH. Our research can be used for personal and commercial purposes provided we are properly acknowledged and quoted. Any replication or distribution has to be explicitly permitted by us.
- None of our geopolitical assessments or comments should be interpreted as an investment recommendation or investment suggestion.
- Readers acknowledge with their subscription or use of our website that geopolitical research is highly complex and dependant on a multitude of factors. Thus, the global geopolitical landscape can change suddenly and we cannot guarantee accuracy. In geopolitical, political and macro analysis the outcome can suddenly be influenced by so called Force Majeure.
- Any person reading this newsletter or any info on our website should consider the content as an independent opinion only. He or she should not make important decisions based solely on our views. He or she should get professional advice first and weigh other perspectives. We cannot assume any responsibiity for readers’ personal actions. We assume readers apply caution, common sense and self-responsibility.
The Terms & Conditions might be subject to changes in the future if regulation, technology or client needs deem it necessary. Nevertheless, our purpose and approach are steadfast. We encourage our readers to check this statement regularly.
We thank you for your trust and interest in our geopolitical research and political insights.
Zurich – Switzerland. Latest edition in May 2018 (section 2 was expanded).